Friday, October 10, 2008

Tough Morning Already

As I woke up this morning it hit me that there is only 4 months before Jeff leaves, I started thinking of all the things that he will miss. And all the hard things we need to sit down and discuss. Kolby will be just weeks from graduating high school when he gets home, Kamden will be a month or so from getting his license, Sweet baby Presley will be turning 2! What about if he doesn't make it what do I do? Sale the house, keep the house? Stay in RV or start over somewhere new? What does he want, to be buried, or cremated. And if cremated where does he want to be taken, I'm sure to all the hunting places he didn't make it to, but WHERE!?!
Than as I decided to go ahead and get out of bed and start my day, of course first stop is the restroom, and the first thing I see that wasn't there last night, are Jeff's dog tags with all the plastic over the metal, so as they will make no sound. To Surreal.
These are the times I think what the HELL where we thinking, when he got back in!?! And than I rmember thank goodness, for strong and willing men!!

1 comment:

Blogtastic! said...

Oh girl! Tears!! I am so sad but very proud of my great uncle...our hero!